About the course
Level: This course is suitable for Beginners to Intermediate Wine Tasters
Spoil yourself and join us on the Platinum One Day Wine Course in London at one of our 5 star hotels or Private Members Clubs in Mayfair or St James’s. You will compare, contrast and discover Fine Wine from around the world; improve your tasting skills and take home practical tips for Wine and Food Matching. One of the most enjoyable ways to develop your senses and spend time with like-minded people! 9-10 Fine Wines are tasted during the day and a 3 – course gourmet lunch with tea/Coffee & Petit Fours are also included in your ticket.
What will I learn?
- Through swirling, sniffing, sipping and spitting, all wines are tasted blind. This will help you to judge the quality of any wine through tasting and not just by looking at the label or price tag.
- You will gain the knowledge and ability to choose exciting new wine styles, grape varieties and producers.
- You will be introduced to the mechanics of wine tasting and the professional approach to wine assessment.
- Your tutor will pass on insider tips to help you navigate the pitfalls of buying wine for any occasion.
- Explore wine production
- Evaluate quality and ageing potential
- Star producers & spotting value for money
- Evaluate key wine styles
- Explore key grape varieties and regions
- Wine faults and how to deal with them
- How to invest and store wine
- Match Wine and Food
- Navigate Restaurant Wine lists like a pro
Start times of this workshop may vary. Please check your chosen date for correct start time.
Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes before the start of your class.
13:00 – 13:30
The systematic approach to wine tasting
13:30 – 14:30
White grape varieties around the world
14.30 – 15.15
Principles of wine & food matching & lunch
15.30 – 16.45
Red grapes from around the world
16.45 – 17.05
Question time over Tea & Coffee & Petit Fours
Upcoming Course Dates
The Classic Beginners Wine Tasting Course, is aimed at Beginners, and offers a lovely 2 – Course lunch included in the ticket. However, the Platinum Wine Course starts with a glass of bubbly on arrival: followed by a 3 – course lunch (instead of 2 courses), plus tea, coffee & Petit Fours to end. Wines will be at a higher price point. Due to the nature of the more expensive wines tasted, The Platinum Wine Course will make a great experience for Beginners to Intermediate tasters that are keen to try more expensive examples alike. The Platinum Wine Course runs at our exclusive small Boutique Hotels or Private Members Clubs, in St James’s or Mayfair.
This course is aimed at anyone from Beginners to Intermediate level. If you are looking to spoil yourself or a friend/colleague, why not join us. Due to the nature of the more expensive wines tasted, The Platinum Wine Course will make a great experience for Beginners to Intermediate tasters that are keen to try more expensive examples at one of our Fine Mayfair venues.
You will be tasting 9-10 premium wines during the day
Wines tasted are typically between £18 and £50 a bottle retail
Royal Overseas League
Royal Over-Seas League
6 Park Place, St James’s Street
See why people love The London Wine Academy
Suzy P London
My sister and I attend your Premium Introductory course at St James’s Hotel last weekend. How nice to be in such a charming venue instead of some we have attended with other companies. The course was very informative but not stuffy at all. We will definitely come back again! Thanks for a great day.
Book this course
Try out this platinum course for yourself or purchase a voucher for a friend!