Join us on the Premium Beginners One Day Wine Course in Bournemouth and you will compare, contrast and discover wines from around the world; improve your tasting skills and take home practical tips for Wine and Food Matching. One of the most enjoyable ways to develop your senses and spend time with like-minded people! 10 Wines are tasted during the day and a 3 course gourmet lunch is included.
- Through swirling, sniffing, sipping and spitting, all wines are tasted blind. This will help you to judge the quality of any wine through tasting and not just by looking at the label or price tag.
- You will gain the knowledge and ability to choose exciting new wine styles, grape varieties and producers.
- You will be introduced to the mechanics of wine tasting and the professional approach to wine assessment.
- Your tutor will pass on insider tips to help you navigate the pitfalls of buying wine for any occasion.
- Explore wine production
- Evaluate quality and ageing potential
- Match Wine and Food
- Evaluate key wine styles
- Explore key grape varieties and regions
- How to invest and store wine
- Spot wine faults and how to deal with them
- Star producers & finding value for money wines
- Navigate Restaurant Wine lists like a pro
Start times of this workshop may vary. Please check your chosen date for correct start time.
11:45 – 12:15
The systematic approach to wine tasting
12:15 – 13:15
White grape varieties around the world
13.15 – 13.30
Principles of wine & food matching
13.30 – 14.15
Lunch – practical wine & food matching
14.15 – 16.30
Red grapes from around the world
16.30 – 16.45
Whilst the content of the Premium Wine Tasting Course is identical to the Beginners One Day Wine Course, the Premium Beginners Workshop is held at the esteemed 5 Star St James’s Hotel in London and the Green House Hotel in Bournemouth. A mix of contemporary, classic and up and coming wines are selected by the tutor for the day. Both venues are very exclusive, small Boutique Hotels.
This is a friendly and personal Introduction to Wine Tasting and no previous experience is necessary.
Serious about luxury, passionate about sustainability
On the face of it, The Green House is simply a beautifully restored, 32-room Grade II Victorian villa in the heart of Bournemouth, perfectly nestled between Dorset’s finest blue-flag golden beaches and the ancient mysteries of the New Forest.
Dig a little deeper, however, and you’ll discover that they eat, sleep and breathe sustainability. So much so that we’ve been recognised as one of the world’s top eco-hotels.
After a painstaking 18-month refurbishment during which they considered the environmental impact of every single decision, they opened in April 2010 to rave reviews. The awards have been rolling in ever since.
4 Grove Road
Suzy P London
My sister and I attend your Premium Introductory course at St James’s Hotel last weekend. How nice to be in such a charming venue instead of some we have attended with other companies. The course was very informative but not stuffy at all. We will definitely come back again! Thanks for a great day.
Try out this premium course for yourself or purchase a voucher for a friend!