Join us on the Premium Beginners One Day Wine Course in London at one of our 5 star hotels in Mayfair or St James’s. You will compare, contrast and discover wines from around the world; improve your tasting skills and take home practical tips for Wine and Food Matching. One of the most enjoyable ways to develop your senses and spend time with like-minded people! 10 Wines are tasted during the day and a 3 course gourmet lunch is included.
- Through swirling, sniffing, sipping and spitting, all wines are tasted blind. This will help you to judge the quality of any wine through tasting and not just by looking at the label or price tag.
- You will gain the knowledge and ability to choose exciting new wine styles, grape varieties and producers.
- You will be introduced to the mechanics of wine tasting and the professional approach to wine assessment.
- Your tutor will pass on insider tips to help you navigate the pitfalls of buying wine for any occasion.
- Explore wine production
- Evaluate quality and ageing potential
- Star producers & spotting value for money
- Evaluate key wine styles
- Explore key grape varieties and regions
- Wine faults and how to deal with them
- How to invest and store wine
- Match Wine and Food
- Navigate Restaurant Wine lists like a pro
Start times of this workshop may vary. Please check your chosen date for correct start time.
12:00 – 12:30
The systematic approach to wine tasting
12:30 – 13:30
White grape varieties around the world
13.30 – 14.15
Principles of wine & food matching & lunch
14.30 – 16.00
Red grapes from around the world
16.00 – 16.15
Whilst the content of the Premium Beginners Wine Tasting Course is identical to the Classic Beginners Wine Tasting Course, the Premium Beginners Workshop offers a 3 – course lunch (instead of 2 courses on the Classic Course), along with premium wines during the day. A mix of contemporary, classic and up and coming wines are selected by the tutor for the day. Our venues are very exclusive small Boutique Hotels, in St James’s or Mayfair.
This is a friendly and personal Introduction to Wine Tasting and no previous experience is necessary.
You will be tasting 9-10 premium wines during the day
Wines tasted are typically between £12 and £45 a bottle
From entertaining the elite of Victorian society to welcoming the good and glamorous of Hollywood, The Athenaeum has long been the place to see and be seen. Behind our doors is an intriguing story just waiting to be discovered.
Nestled in the heart of historic St. James’s Mayfair, DUKES LONDON is a sophisticated, luxury hotel where you will arrive as a guest and leave as a friend. Ever since King Henry 8th built his palace here in the 16th Century, St. James’s has been the exclusive retreat of writers, musicians, politicians and royalty. Whether you choose to stay in one of the modern or classic style bedrooms or luxurious suites, unwind in the legendary DUKES Bar, savour our Great British Restaurant, or embrace true English chic with Champagne afternoon tea, they promise an enthusiastic team, dedicated entirely to making your time here exceptional.
35 St James’s Place
Suzy P London
My sister and I attend your Premium Introductory course at St James’s Hotel last weekend. How nice to be in such a charming venue instead of some we have attended with other companies. The course was very informative but not stuffy at all. We will definitely come back again! Thanks for a great day.
Try out this premium course for yourself or purchase a voucher for a friend!