The Intermediate One Day Course
builds on the foundations you will have learned on our Introduction One Day Course.
We start with a refresh of the systematic approach and you will quickly get back you’re your tasting stride. We will talk in greater depth about the importance of soil and climate and show how winemakers use certain techniques to change the way a wine tastes.
You will compare cheap and expensive wine and discuss wine price and whether it is really worth trading up. You will also look at the difference between mass-produced and fine wine and we will give you the inside track on the best wines in both supermarkets and independent retailers. Our unique grazing menu with each small plate paired to a wine will allow you to develop your wine and food pairing prowess.
The day will take your knowledge to the next level and improve your hit rate whether you are choosing wine in a shop or a restaurant.
During the day, we’ll also discuss the following topics :
- Systematic approach – refresher
- Wine and Food Matching with our Grazing Menu
- Terroir: why does French and Australian Chardonnay taste so different?
- Cheap vs expensive wine: is a £15 wine necessarily better than a £7 bottle and why?
- Mass produced vs fine wine: Can you taste the difference?
- Which wines should be kept and why?
- Where is the best place to buy wine?
- Ordering wine in restaurants
- Value for money regions and buying tips