These provisions cover your use of this website (www.londonwineacademy.com “the Website”); please read them carefully. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. In the event that you do not agree to be bound in this way, please do not continue to access or use the Website. These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time; any modifications are effective and binding on you immediately from the time that such amended terms are included on the Website.
1 ABOUT THE LONDON WINE ACADEMY
This Website is operated by the London Wine Academy Ltd of 158 Bucking Palace Rd, London SW1W 9TR.
Our Company registration number is: 3890570.
Our telephone number is 020 34944900
Our email contact address can be found via our contact form.
2 WINE COURSE TERMS & CONDITIONS
For the terms and conditions that are applicable to our Wine Courses, please see our Wine Course Terms & Conditions which are set out below.
You agree to accept our terms and conditions by booking a place (in writing, via our website or over the phone) on any of our Wine Courses or Events.
3 ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided under the Website from time to time and without prior notice. Please note that we accept no liability to you if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
Please note that you may only use the Website for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website in any way or for any purpose that is either fraudulent or that breaches any applicable local, national or international law whatsoever.
In the event that you contact us to provide feedback in respect of any Wine Course or Products that are purchased by you, you must ensure that all such feedback is accurate, the views expressed are genuinely held and must not contain any statement or content that is defamatory.
You are solely responsible for making all appropriate arrangements for you to have access to the Website. You are also solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
5 DATA PROTECTION
We carefully select the websites to which the Website is linked, but we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites, nor are we responsible for the terms and conditions and content of such websites.
Please note that you are not authorised to create a link to the Website or any part of it without our prior written consent.
7 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The design of this Website, text, pictures, graphics and the selection and arrangement of such materials and all software compilations, coding, underlying source code, software and all other material whatsoever on this website is copyright The London Wine Academy Limited or that of its licensors. Any infringement of copyright in the Website or the materials on it may lead to criminal and/or civil liability. All our rights are specifically reserved.
You are permitted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of the Website for the sole purpose of using the Website as a research and information resource provided you agree not to change and/or delete any content, web design and/or layout contained in such material. The use of any other
materials on the Website for whatever purpose is strictly prohibited. Please note that you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for any commercial or business purposes.
8 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Please note that all the material and content that we have provided to you on the Website has been so provided without any guarantee, condition or warranty as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law we expressly exclude: All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or operation of common law; Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of your use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if the same was foreseeable.
Nothing in this clause or these terms and conditions affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the applicable law (see below).
9 JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Website and the services that are offered on it.
10 COPYING OUR COURSES
The London Wine Company has spent considerable time and resources in developing a range of unique programs for our Wine Courses. These are recognized as being of high quality and excellent value for money. In order to protect our reputation and goodwill, we police our rights, and where we find that infringement has taken place, we have an invariable policy of taking appropriate legal action.
WINE COURSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking any Wine Course or event with The London Wine Academy, whether by telephone, email, via our website or via a booking form, these terms and conditions shall apply and you agree to accept such terms and conditions. (the “Terms and Conditions”). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, “We”, “Us” and “Our” shall mean The London Wine Academy, “You” or “Your” shall mean you the customer and “Course” or “Courses” (as the context shall admit) shall mean such Wine Course / Wine Event that You have booked to attend.
1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
We shall take all reasonable care and skill in providing the wine courses. You are solely responsible for ensuring that details submitted to us when booking any course are correct.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any food allergies or other dietary requirements in your party within reasonable time for us to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf. This also applies to any person(s) for whom you have purchased a gift voucher.
You must be at least 18 years old to attend one of our courses. By making a booking by whatever means you warrant that at the time of the relevant course taking place for which you have booked you will be 18 years old or over. We reserve the right to require you to produce appropriate proof of age at the commencement of any course/event.
We endeavour to provide courses in accordance with our promotional and offer materials, but we reserve the right to make variations to such courses as may be required from time to time. We shall notify you of any material change that we are making to any wine course that you have booked.
It is your responsibility to update us in writing if there is a change in your contact details.
We are not liable for any damage which may occur to clothing or personal effects at or during the course of any of our courses.
We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course and if a course is cancelled, and you cannot attend a suitable alternative, we will refund your booking.
All courses are run on the basis of reaching minimum numbers required by our venues. If the minimum number of bookings per course is not met, and we have to reschedule or cancel such a course, you will be refunded if a suitable alternative date or course is not available.
When you attend one of our courses, you agree that any photos taken on the day can be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please notify the tutor at the beginning of the course.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
You agree to:
· obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
· maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour
2 GIFT VOUCHERS
Gift Vouchers have a maximum validity of 12 months and cannot be extended. You have to attend your course before the expiry date on the voucher. We can only guarantee the price of our classes for 12 months from the date of purchase. If under exceptional circumstances a voucher extension has been offered, the original course voucher will be changed to a monetary voucher equivalent to the price of the original course ticket at the time of purchase.
1. We shall not be responsible for, or have any liability to you in respect of:
2. accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending any course;
3. any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
4. any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
5. These exclusions do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which we cannot exclude or limit by law.
1. Please note that payment must be made in full at the time of booking any Course. For bookings by telephone and via our website we will require your credit card details. When booking a Course with a booking form you must also provide your valid credit card details clearly on the booking form. Your booking will be accepted once we are in receipt of cleared funds. All fees quoted are inclusive of VAT. Corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT
2. All places on our courses are allocated strictly in the order that bookings (whether made via telephone, website or completed booking forms) are received.
3. All telephone bookings must be followed up with written confirmation via email or fax.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Cancellation by us
Cancellation due to Bad Weather, Terrorism or other Incidents (at no fault of our own)
In the event that we have to cancel a course (at no fault of our own) due to bad weather, terrorism, national pandemics such as Covid 19, or other acts of Nature, you will be able to reschedule your booking within 6 months of the original date or pass the booking to a friend. No refunds will apply.
Note: You can either move the date of your booking or request an open dated course or monetary voucher which will hold the same value as your original course ticket price. Monetary vouchers can be redeemed against any of our classes. We can only guarantee the price of our classes for 12 months from your payment date. If you still require an extension past 12 months from the date of purchase, your booking will be changed to the monetary value of your course ticket.
Cancellation for other reasons
Occasionally for reasons beyond our control, (such as low class numbers) it may be necessary for us to cancel a course. In the event that we have to do so you may re-book (availability permitting) an alternative course and any difference in the course fee will either be reimbursed by us or paid by you. If this is not possible, or you are unable to attend an alternative date or course that we suggest to you, the following terms apply:
1. We will refund the full purchase price if you made a course/date specific booking.
2. If you used an open dated voucher or a monetary voucher to enrol onto that course, then your original open dated voucher will be revalidated for a further 12 months, but will not be refunded.
3. In the event that we have to cancel a date and we offer you the option to change your booking to an open voucher and you accept this offer, you then agree to be bound by our terms and conditions relating to open vouchers.
Cancellation by you
When booking an open dated voucher as an individual consumer, you may cancel the booking of any course within 14 days of making your booking, in which case you will receive a full refund.
If you have purchased a course/voucher for a specific one day course and cancel your place on that course/voucher with more than 12 weeks notice, you can request a refund minus a £35 administration fee per person.
If you have purchased a course/voucher for a specific evening course and cancel your place on the entire course with more than 12 weeks notice, you will receive a full refund minus a £60 administration fee per person.
If you book a course/voucher and cancel that course/voucher with less than 12 weeks notice then you will not be able to get a refund but you can reschedule and points 1 – 4 below apply:
Rescheduling Procedure for Wine Courses and Workshops
If you wish to change a booking to another date or another course and you contact us to do so you will be able to transfer to another course, subject to availability, (within 6 months of the original course date) or transfer your place to a friend/colleague or family member. The following charges and rules apply:
When we book courses at our venues we are subject to their own cancellation policies and terms and conditions which invariably impose financial penalties. In consequence, any rescheduling of a booked wine course by you will be charged as follows:
1. If a booking is rescheduled to another date or course and you contact us to do so with more than 12 weeks prior to the beginning of the event, no fee is charged.
2. If a booking is changed to another date or course between 4 and 12 weeks prior to the event, a £75 administration fee applies for all courses and £35 for one-day events/tastings.
3. If a booking is changed to another date or course between 3 and 4 weeks prior to the event, a £100 administration fee applies for all courses and £50 for One-day events.
4. Due to strict cancellation policies imposed by our venues, no date changes are possible with less than 3 weeks notice prior to any event, as LWA will still be charged the full delegate rate for any confirmed bookings.
However, subject to 5. below, you are welcome to transfer your place to someone else. It is your responsibility to inform us of such transfer prior to the event and you must make the transferee aware of our terms and conditions and any such transferee agrees to be bound by our terms and conditions.
5. Your booking is only transferable under point 4 above provided that we are given at least 48 hours written notice. In the event that you give us less than 48 hours written notice, the booking is non-transferable, as it would not leave us with enough time to update the venue, tutor and registers. Please note if you decide to transfer your booking, such transfer must be advised to us in writing (email) and is only effective once we have received signed acceptance of these terms and conditions by the transferee.
Name changes will be free of charge for the first change and charged at £35 per change thereafter.
6. If you are unable to attend any course due to illness, and you give us at least 7 working days notice upon receipt of such notice and your medical certificate, you will be able to reschedule the date of the course/voucher subject to availability. A £100 administration fee for all courses and a 50% fee for all one – day events.
7. If you are unable to attend any course due to illness as such that you are either unable to attend on the day or you give us less than 7 working days notice of illness, you will lose your place on the course and you will not be able to reschedule or claim a refund as we will still be charged by our venues for your place.
8. In the event that the venue concerned charges a day delegate rate in respect of cancellation at anytime, we reserve the right to pass this charge on to you.
9. If you fail to attend any course, no refund will apply.
10. Please note that we accept no liability or responsibility for any costs or expenses in respect of bookings for travel, board and lodging incurred as a result of any cancellation of a course or change of venue/location within the City it was originally booked. Please check if a course is definitely taking place before making any travel or accommodation arrangements.
11. Our administration fee of £35 including vat covers our time, administration, delegate rate and other related costs incurred on your behalf.
12. We strongly recommend seeking alternative insurance to cover non-attendance of any booked course.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
Wine Courses, Tastings, One-day events and Gift Vouchers
1. Full payment must be received prior to the course start date.
2. A place on a course or a voucher enrolment is allocated strictly in the order that payment is received.
3. Gift vouchers can only be enrolled online and must be enrolled as specified on the voucher. A course must be attended before the expiry date in the case of open vouchers. Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed as the voucher number will no longer be accessible on the back office.
4. Open dated vouchers can be changed to a different course type upon payment of the difference in course fee. If an open voucher has been enrolled onto a specific course and that course is not able to run, the open voucher will be re validated for an additional 6 months.
5. Open Vouchers have a maximum validity of 12 months and can not be extended.
6. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and have no cash value however bookings can be changed to another course or person subject to the terms and conditions stated above. (Rescheduling Procedure 1 – 4)
7. All reschedule notifications or cancellations must be received in writing (email or fax).
8. We reserve the right to charge your credit card with the outstanding amount if the applicable administration fee has not been paid.
Missed class procedure for level 1 and level 2 courses:
You can arrange to sit in on any missed class from the level 1 and level 2 courses within 6 months of your original booking (subject to availability) at a fee of £30 per class. Email our offices for further instructions. No requests will be processed without a credit card payment.
Corporate, Group or Bespoke Events Terms and Conditions
Confirming your Booking
1.When booking a new Corporate or Bespoke Event, a 50% deposit is required
and the balance is payable 10 working days prior to such event.
For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, a“corporate” or “group event” is one that has specifically been designed or put together for you or your business and cannot be booked by other members of the public.
2. In the event that the details for your function are still in the process of being finalised but you wish to secure your booking date and venue, a non – refundable holding deposit of £500 + VAT (or 10% of the total invoice whichever is greater)
can be paid to secure your booking for 10 days.
3. The balance of the 50% deposit is due 10 days after such holding deposit has been paid.
4. The remaining balance payment for any Corporate or Group Event is payable no later than 10 working days prior to such event.
5. If the event is less than 45 days away, a non-refundable holding deposit of £500 + VAT (or 10% of the total invoice whichever is greater) are payable to secure your booking and or venue.
6. The full balance payment is due 5 working days after such holding deposit has been paid.
7. If the event is less than 20 days away full payment is due at the time of booking or confirming any event.
8. As we enter into a contract with the venue on your behalf, we will be liable for costs incurred by your booking and therefore we become liable for those charges on your behalf. If payment is not received within the stipulated time frames, we reserve the right to cancel your booking or charge your card with the outstanding amount as stipulated in your contract. Your deposit will not be refunded.
9. In the event that your chosen venue requires different terms to these above, we will notify you at the time of making your booking.
1. If numbers increase or fall below the minimum number guaranteed at the time of booking, the higher number will be charged for as agreed in your quotation unless otherwise agreed in your contract.
2. If the numbers of guest drop below the minimum number specified in your booking, no refund or discount will apply.
3. Guest Numbers cannot be changed once you have passed the date for final confirmation as per your booking.
This date usually coincides with the date your 50% deposit payment is due.
2 Dining Menu and Food Orders
For any special dietary requirements please notify the meeting and events team
at the time of booking but no later than 10 working days prior to the event.
You will be liable for any extra food or drink charges that may apply that are not already taken care of in your original booking.
All function rooms booked must be vacated as specified in your quotation or contract. Should the event overrun, additional fees may apply.
Cancellations and Rescheduling
1. If you cancel any confirmed Event Booking with more than 1
6 weeks notice, then 50% of your deposit will be refunded. A minimum fee of £500 + VAT and any other costs that have been incurred on your
behalf will be deducted from your deposit.
2. If you cancel any confirmed booking with less than 12 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund and any event/venue costs that have been incurred on your behalf becomes payable immediately.
3. The balance of your payment will also fall due if you cancel with less than 8 weeks notice. We reserve the right to charge your card on file if you fail to settle your outstanding invoice at least 10 working days before the event.
Rescheduling the Date of any Confirmed Event
1. If you reschedule any confirmed Event Booking with more than 16 weeks notice, there will be a £350+VAT admin fee and any other event/venue costs that have been incurred on your behalf. The new date (subject to availability) needs to fall within 3 months of the original date.
The difference in any other costs incurred such as seasonal fluctuations or increased costs will be passed on to you.
2. If you reschedule your confirmed booking with between 16 and 12 weeks notice, you can reschedule to another date within 3 months of the original booking date subject to availability. An additional rescheduling fee of £500+ VAT will apply. Other venue charges we incurred on your behalf will also apply.
The balance of your deposit will be transferred to your new booking.
3. If you wish to reschedule any confirmed booking with less than 12 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund. You will loose your deposit and are also liable for any other costs that we have incurred on your behalf, which have not been covered by your deposit.
4. If you reschedule any confirmed booking with less than 6 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund and the balance payment of your booking becomes due
within 10 days of your cancellation.
5. Any further charges including without limitation such items as any extras or other charges incurred that are not already included in the agreed event fee, are payable within 2 days of your cancellation.
6. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file with the outstanding amount if payment is not received within 7 days before the event.
7. All corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT.
All the Website and Course Terms and Conditions shall apply to you in so far as these are not inconsistent with these corporate Group or Bespoke Events terms.