WINE COURSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking (or being booked on) any Wine Course or event with The London Wine Academy, whether by telephone, email, via our website or via a booking form, these terms and conditions shall apply and you agree to accept such terms and conditions. (the “Terms and Conditions”). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, “We”, “Us” and “Our” shall mean The London Wine Academy, “You” or “Your” shall mean you the customer and “Course” or “Courses” (as the context shall admit) shall mean such Wine Course / Wine Event that You have booked to attend.
- We shall take all reasonable care and skill in providing the wine courses.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that details submitted to us when booking any course are correct.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any food allergies or other dietary requirements in your party within reasonable time (at least 7 working days’ notice) for us to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf. This also applies to any person(s) for whom you have purchased a gift voucher.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend any of our courses. We reserve the right to require appropriate proof of age at the commencement of any course/event.
- We endeavour to provide courses in accordance with our promotional and offer materials, but we reserve the right to make variations to such courses as may be required from time to time.
- It is your responsibility to update us in writing if there is a change in your contact details.
When you attend one of our courses, you agree that any photos taken on the day can be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please notify the tutor at the start of the course.
- Bookings can be changed to another course or person subject to the relevant terms and conditions
- All Customers are required to adhere to any notices or instructions given to them by any member of the Company’s staff or representatives.
- Every effort is made to ensure course notes, presentations and any relative tuition material is correct at time of print. The Company accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- It will not be possible to allow late admission to the class. Under these circumstances no refund can be allowed.
PAYMENT FOR COURSES AND VOUCHERS
- Please note that payment must be made in full at the time of booking any Course. Your booking will be accepted and only be complete once we are in receipt of cleared funds. All fees quoted are inclusive of VAT. Corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT
- All places on our courses are allocated strictly in the order that bookings (whether made via telephone, website or completed booking forms) are received.
- Full payment must be received prior to the course start date.
- All telephone bookings must be followed up with written confirmation via email by you the customer.
- We reserve the right to cancel any booking where the outstanding fees have not been paid by the due date. Any fees already paid will be lost and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- All course and voucher prices are advertised per person/ticket.
- We cannot guarantee the price of our classes will not increase during the validity of your voucher.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights
These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of your London Wine Academy Course Gift Vouchers. The terms and conditions of gift vouchers and course bookings can be amended from time to time at the discretion of LWA and shall be binding on the customer. This does not affect your legal rights. Buying and using a gift voucher, constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully.
- The value of your voucher can be redeemed online provided the gift voucher is still valid.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your voucher is used before the expiry date;
- and to check these gift voucher terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made due.
- The gift voucher balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another voucher or wine from our website.
- More than one voucher can be used per transaction.
- Any course voucher holds the monetary value paid at the time of purchase, which means that course vouchers can also be redeemed against any other course for the same cash value or the balance can be paid to upgrade. We cannot guarantee the price of any course during the validity of your voucher.
- If under exceptional circumstances a voucher extension has been offered, the original course voucher will be changed to a monetary voucher equivalent to the price paid at the time of purchase.
EMAIL VOUCHERS: Email vouchers shall be provided free of charge to the email address provided at point of purchase.
VOUCHER REDEMPTION: Services must be pre-booked. Vouchers cannot be redeemed by phone but only via our website. Redemption contact details are provided on the voucher.
REFUNDS: Vouchers are non-refundable (and have no cash value) other than within the 14 day cancellation period as per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. No change or credit is given in the event that the voucher value exceeds the total cost of the course – for example where a £100 voucher is used to purchase a £95 course.
MONETARY VOUCHERS: Monetary vouchers can be used for part or full payment. If the course cost exceeds the amount of the gift voucher, the balance must be paid in full by credit or debit card at the point of booking.
COURSE VOUCHERS: Course vouchers can also be used towards any other course. You can request to change the course type of your voucher if required. A £10 charge applies. Vouchers hold the value that was paid at the time of purchase.
TRANSFER: Vouchers can be transferred to a third party with your consent but cannot be exchanged for cash.
LOST/STOLEN VOUCHERS: Lost/ Stolen. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift voucher following receipt via email. In cases where your gift voucher has been lost, please email us for a copy, stating the transaction reference number or name of the person that purchased the voucher. We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the voucher has been used or become known to another party without your consent.
VALIDITY OF YOUR VOUCHER:
- Your LWA gift voucher is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase (unless stating otherwise on the voucher)and you have to attend your course before the expiry date on the voucher. It cannot be used after the expiry date, it will become invalid and no longer available for use.
- We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift voucher’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
- In the rare event that you need to request an extension due to medical (or similar) reasons this must be requested before the expiry date and cannot be granted past this point as the vouchers will no longer be changeable on our systems. A standard admin fee of £25 per person applies to all extensions.
CANCELLATIONS, RESCHEDULING & REFUND POLICY OF ANY COURSE BOOKING
We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course and if a course is cancelled, you will be offered the first available alternative date. If you cannot attend a suitable alternative, we will offer you a 6 month open monetary voucher.
1a) Cancellation by us due to Bad Weather, Terrorism or other Incidents
In the event that we have to cancel a course (at no fault of our own) due to bad weather, terrorism, national pandemics such as Covid 19, or other acts of Nature, you will be able to reschedule your booking within 6 months of the original date or pass the booking to a friend. No refunds will apply.
Note: You can either move the date of your booking or request an open dated monetary voucher which will hold the same value as your original payment. Monetary vouchers can be redeemed against any of our classes. We cannot guarantee the price of our classes will not increase during the validity of your voucher.
1b) Cancellation by us for other reasons
- Occasionally for reasons beyond our control, (such as low numbers) it may be necessary for us to cancel a course. In the event that we have to do so you may re-book (availability permitting) an alternative course and any difference in the course fee will either be reimbursed by us or paid by you.
- Your booking will be changed to a monetary value, equivalent to your original payment with a validity of 6 months. Under these terms you can also use your voucher towards wine purchases from our website. If you used an open dated voucher or a monetary voucher to enrol onto that course, then your original open dated voucher will be revalidated for a further 12 months but will not be refunded.
- In the event that we have to cancel a date and we offer you the option to change your booking to an open voucher and you accept this offer, you are then bound by our terms and conditions relating to open vouchers.
2a) Cancellation and Rescheduling Procedure for Wine Courses and Workshops by you
All reschedule notifications or cancellations must be received in writing (email and acknowledged by LWA). When buying a voucher you may cancel within 14 days of making your booking, in which case you will receive a full refund, minus a £15 admin fee to cover our costs. If you make a booking on a course, no refund applies, but you will be able to change the date or convert your booking into an open voucher, (subject to the terms and admin fee below).
The following charges and rules apply:
- It is possible to change the date of your course with at least 3 weeks notice. The following charges apply: a £50 per person for all Four Session courses, £35 per person for one-day events and £25 per person for short tastings.
- Due to strict cancellation policies imposed by our venues, no date changes are possible with less than 3 weeks’ notice prior to any event, as LWA will still be charged the full delegate rate for any confirmed bookings.
- However, subject to 5. below, you are welcome to transfer your place to someone else. It is your responsibility to inform us of such transfer at least 48 hours prior to the event and you must make the transferee aware of our terms and conditions and any such transferee agrees to be bound by our terms and conditions.
- In the event that you give us less than 48 hours written notice, the booking is non-transferable, as it would not leave us with enough time to update the venue, tutor and registers. Please note if you decide to transfer your booking, such transfer must be advised to us in writing (email)
- Name changes are charged at £10 per change.
- If you are unable to attend any course due to illness, and you give us at least 7 working days’ notice (upon receipt of such notice and your medical certificate), you will be able to reschedule the date of the course subject to availability. A £100 administration fee for all longer courses and a 50% fee for all one – day events.
- If you are unable to attend any course due to illness as such that you are either unable to attend on the day or you give us less than 7 working days’ notice of illness, you will lose your place on the course and you will not be able to reschedule or claim a refund as we will still be charged by our venues for your place.
- In the event that the venue concerned charges a day delegate rate in respect of cancellation at any time, we reserve the right to pass this charge on to you.
- When we book courses at our venues we are subject to their own cancellation policies and terms which invariably may impose financial penalties which in consequence, any rescheduling of a booked wine course by you that attracts any charges to LWA, will have to be passed on to you, the customer.
- Please note that we accept no liability or responsibility for any costs or expenses in respect of bookings for travel, board and lodging incurred as a result of any cancellation of a course or change of venue/location within the City it was originally booked. Please check if a course is definitely taking place before making any travel or accommodation arrangements.
- Our administration fees are inclusive of vat and covers our administration costs, delegate rate and other related costs incurred on your behalf.
- If you fail to attend any course, no refund will apply.
- We strongly recommend seeking alternative insurance to cover non-attendance of any booked course.
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
ABOUT THE LONDON WINE ACADEMY
This Website is operated by The London Wine Academy Ltd. Our Company registration number is: 3890570. Our email contact address can be found via our contact form
By accessing or using our website; or booking (or being booked on ) any Wine Course or event with The London Wine Academy, whether by telephone, email, via our website or via a booking form, these terms and conditions shall apply and you agree to accept such terms and conditions. (the “Terms and Conditions”). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, “We”, “Us” and “Our” shall mean The London Wine Academy, “You” or “Your” shall mean you the customer and “Course” or “Courses” (as the context shall admit) shall mean such Wine Course / Wine Event that You have booked to attend.
These provisions cover your use of this website (www.londonwineacademy.com “the Website”); please read them carefully. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time; any modifications are effective and binding on you immediately from the time that such amended terms are included on the Website.
1 ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided from time to time and without prior notice. Please note that we accept no liability to you if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time. You may only use the Website for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website in any way or for any purpose that is either fraudulent or that breaches any applicable local, national or international law whatsoever.
In the event that you contact us to provide feedback in respect of any Wine Course or Products that are purchased by you, you must ensure that all such feedback is accurate, the views expressed are genuinely held and must not contain any statement or content that is defamatory.
3 DATA PROTECTION
We carefully select the websites to which the Website is linked, but we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites, nor are we responsible for the terms and conditions and content of such websites. You are not authorised to create a link to the Website or any part of it without our prior written consent.
5 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The design of this Website, text, pictures, graphics and the selection and arrangement of such materials and all software compilations, coding, underlying source code, software and all other material whatsoever on this website is copyright The London Wine Academy Limited or that of its licensors. Any infringement of copyright of the Website or the materials on it may lead to criminal and/or civil liability. All our rights are specifically reserved.
6 COPYING OUR COURSES
You are permitted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of the Website for the sole purpose of using the Website as a research and information resource provided you agree not to change and/or delete any content, web design and/or layout contained in such material. The use of any other materials on the Website for whatever purpose is strictly prohibited. Please note that you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for any commercial or business purposes without our written permission.
The London Wine Company has spent considerable time and resources in developing a range of unique programs for our Wine Courses. These are recognized as being of high quality and excellent value for money. In order to protect our reputation and goodwill, we police our rights, and where we find that infringement has taken place, we have an invariable policy of taking appropriate legal action
7 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Please note that all the material and content that we have provided to you on the Website has been so provided without any guarantee, condition or warranty as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law we expressly exclude: All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or operation of common law; Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of your use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if the same was foreseeable.
You agree to obey any instructions given to you by your tutor and maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour. We shall not be responsible for, or have any liability to you in respect of:
- any damage which may occur to clothing or personal effects at or during the course of any of our courses
- accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending any course
- loss of any personal items left in any of our venues after a course or event.
- any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
8 JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Website and the services that are offered on it.
These provisions cover your use of this website (www.londonwineacademy.com “the Website”); please read them carefully. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. In the event that you do not agree to be bound in this way, please do not continue to access or use the Website. These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time; any modifications are effective and binding on you immediately from the time that such amended terms are included on the Website.
Corporate, Group or Bespoke Events Terms and Conditions
Confirming your Booking
1.When booking a new Corporate or Bespoke Event, a 50% deposit is required and the balance is payable 10 working days prior to such event.
For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, a“corporate” or “group event” is one that has specifically been designed or put together for you or your business and cannot be booked by other members of the public.
2. In the event that the details for your function are still in the process of being finalised but you wish to secure your booking date and venue, a non – refundable holding deposit of £500 + VAT (or 10% of the total invoice whichever is greater)
can be paid to secure your booking for 10 days.
3. The balance of the 50% deposit is due 10 days after such holding deposit has been paid.
4. The remaining balance payment for any Corporate or Group Event is payable no later than 10 working days prior to such event.
5. If the event is less than 45 days away, a non-refundable holding deposit of £500 + VAT (or 10% of the total invoice whichever is greater) are payable to secure your booking and or venue.
6. The full balance payment is due 5 working days after such holding deposit has been paid.
7. If the event is less than 20 days away full payment is due at the time of booking or confirming any event.
8. As we enter into a contract with the venue on your behalf, we will be liable for costs incurred by your booking and therefore we become liable for those charges on your behalf. If payment is not received within the stipulated time frames, we reserve the right to cancel your booking or charge your card with the outstanding amount as stipulated in your contract. Your deposit will not be refunded.
9. In the event that your chosen venue requires different terms to these above, we will notify you at the time of making your booking.
1. If numbers increase or fall below the minimum number guaranteed at the time of booking, the higher number will be charged for as agreed in your quotation unless otherwise agreed in your contract.
2. If the numbers of guest drop below the minimum number specified in your booking, no refund or discount will apply.
3. Guest Numbers cannot be changed once you have passed the date for final confirmation as per your booking.
This date usually coincides with the date your 50% deposit payment is due.
2 Dining Menu and Food Orders
For any special dietary requirements please notify the meeting and events team
at the time of booking but no later than 10 working days prior to the event.
You will be liable for any extra food or drink charges that may apply that are not already taken care of in your original booking.
All function rooms booked must be vacated as specified in your quotation or contract. Should the event overrun, additional fees may apply.
Cancellations and Rescheduling
1. If you cancel any confirmed Event Booking with more than 16 weeks notice, then 50% of your deposit will be refunded. A minimum fee of £500 + VAT and any other costs that have been incurred on your
behalf will be deducted from your deposit.
2. If you cancel any confirmed booking with less than 16 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund and any event/venue costs that have been incurred on your behalf becomes payable immediately.
3. The balance of your payment will also fall due if you cancel with less than 10 weeks notice. We reserve the right to charge your card on file if you fail to settle your outstanding invoice at least 10 working days before the event.
Rescheduling the Date of any Confirmed Event
1. If you reschedule any confirmed Event Booking with more than 16 weeks notice, there will be a £350+VAT admin fee and any other event/venue costs that have been incurred on your behalf. The new date (subject to availability) needs to fall within 3 months of the original date.
The difference in any other costs incurred such as seasonal fluctuations or increased costs will be passed on to you.
2. If you reschedule your confirmed booking with between 16 and 12 weeks notice, you can reschedule to another date within 3 months of the original booking date subject to availability. An additional rescheduling fee of £500+ VAT will apply. Other venue charges we incurred on your behalf will also apply.
The balance of your deposit will be transferred to your new booking.
3. If you wish to reschedule any confirmed booking with less than 12 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund. You will loose your deposit and are also liable for any other costs that we have incurred on your behalf, which have not been covered by your deposit.
4. If you reschedule any confirmed booking with less than 6 weeks notice you will not be able to get a refund and the balance payment of your booking becomes due within 10 days of your cancellation.
5. Any further charges including without limitation such items as any extras or other charges incurred that are not already included in the agreed event fee, are payable within 2 days of your cancellation.
6. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file with the outstanding amount if payment is not received within 7 days before the event.
7. All corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT.
All the Website and Course Terms and Conditions shall apply to you in so far as these are not inconsistent with these corporate Group or Bespoke Events terms.